November 17th – 3…2…1…START YOUR ENGINES AND GET READY TO “SPEED PITCH”
Ever wished you could have a few minutes of one-on-one time with a top journalist? A chance to engage in a real conversation about why your product or service deserves big-time coverage in a key publication?
Get ready to start your pitching engines, then!
Back by popular demand, The Publicity Club of New England will be hosting its second “speed pitching” event, featuring some of the area’s most sought-after consumer and lifestyle media, including:
- Cameron Bruns, founder and editor of Boston Green Blog and Just Us Gals, @BosGreenBlog,@JustUsGalsBos
- Alex Weaver, managing editor, BostInno, @AlexEWeaver
- Tom O’Keefe, Boston influencer,@BostonTweet
Here’s how it works:
- You’ll have a chance to meet one-on-one with as many as three media during the evening (we’ll do our best to accommodate requests to speak with specific reporters).
- Your homework ahead of time is to develop a tailor-made pitch for each member of the press you’ll be meeting — no shopping a one-size-fits-all pitch to the group! This is a great opportunity for you to research that writer, understand what they cover, and assess which story angles will make them take notice.
- You’ll then sit down opposite that reporter during the event and have two minutes to make your case for why your product or service deserves their attention.
Once the speed pitching portion of the evening is over, the media will address the group, share general feedback and invaluable tips for what it takes to capture their interest in a story, and answer your questions. And of course you’ll enjoy light refreshments throughout the evening and a chance to network with the New England-area public relations community.
November 17, 2015 from 6-8 pm
360 Public Relations, 200 State Street, Boston, MA 02116