We hope that you are enjoying the lazy days of summer, finding time off to recharge for an active fall. Since you last saw us at the Bell Ringer Awards, the Publicity Club of New England has been busy gearing up for our new programming season and wrapping up a big success from 2014! Here’s an update along with an invitation for you to get involved!
- The Bell Ringer Awards 2014: Wow! The most entries and the most awards… congratulations everyone and thank you to all who made the event possible, especially our Co-VP of Awards (Rachel Gould and Katie Goudey) and judges! Watch for your credit certificates in the mail starting next week. They are being batched by employer. If you have any questions about certificates after you have received your package, or have interest in serving in an influential volunteer role for our 2015 awards program, please contact our Executive Administrator Megan Noonan at Megan@pubclub.org.
- Online Survey: Your voices were heard! Thank you to those of you that completed our online survey following the awards. Everyone had great suggestions and the Club was thrilled by your enjoyment of the event.
- Summer Writing Workshop August 7: This is a great time to infuse some strong writing skills. We are thrilled that Kristen Whitten, who lectures at Regis and Curry Colleges, has agreed to reprise this very popular: Writing for PR + Business Communications. Enjoy the setting too at The Algonquin Club on Commonwealth Avenue in Boston. Register soon! https://www.pubclub.org/323/writing-for-pr-business-communications-aug-7th/.
- Membership Renewals Made Easier: In response to member feedback, we are rolling out a new membership drive for all individual and corporate members for the 2014-2015 season. The system is designed to simplify your renewals. Here is a short rundown of what you can expect as an existing member:
- Regardless of your anniversary date, 2014-15 invoices will be mailed in September (with dues collected no later than October 10, 2014)
- Invoices will be pro-rated based on your current level of membership and your renewal anniversary date
- Members who pay on or before the due date will receive a 10 percent discount off the annual membership fee
- A late fee of $100.00 will be applied to all payments submitted after the Oct. 10 deadline
- A new 2014-2015 Membership Rate Sheet and Company Profile Page will be mailed to you with your invoice in September.
Watch the website and your emails for forthcoming details. If you have any questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Welcome to our New Board: As of the fall, our new President Kristin Allaben and Board will be officially in place to assume leadership of this amazing communications organization. As anyone can tell you, any organization is only as strong as the involvement of its members. I hope that you will join me in thanking our outgoing Volunteers, Committees, Cheerleaders and Sponsors… and welcome our new assembly of motivated and creative leaders with a hands-on role to make great things happen!
Now I raise my glass from my sandy getaway to thank you for the opportunity to serve, and pass the baton with gratitude for the new friendships forged along the way. See you on August 7 and stay in touch.