Ever wished you could have a few minutes of one-on-one time with a top broadcast journalist? A chance to engage in a real conversation about why your company/client deserves big-time coverage?
Get ready to start your pitching engines, then!
Back by popular demand, The Publicity Club of New England will be hosting its fifth annual “speed pitching” event, featuring some of the area’s most sought-after broadcast journalists:
- Moderator: Celena Fine, Senior Account Associate at TierOne Partners, former news satellite manager and assignment editor at Fox and WHDH, @CelenaTweets
- Peter Barnes, host, Bloomberg Radio, @BloombergBarnes
- Marshall Hook, assignment editor at WHDH and sports anchor at 98.5 The Sports Hub, @MarshallHook
- Mike Fahey, executive producer, WHDH, @Michaelefahey
Here’s how it works:
- You’ll have a chance to meet one-on-one with two influencers during the evening.
- Your homework ahead of time is to develop a tailor-made pitch for each influencer you’ll be meeting — no shopping a one-size-fits-all pitch to the group! This is a great opportunity for you to research the reporter, understand what they cover, and assess which story angles will make them take notice.
- You’ll then sit down opposite that influencer during the event and have two minutes to make your case for why your product or service deserves their attention.
Once the speed pitching portion of the evening is over, the influencers will address the group, share general feedback and invaluable tips for what it takes to capture their interest in a story, and answer your questions. And of course you’ll enjoy light refreshments throughout the evening and a chance to network with the New England-area public relations community.
Tuesday, Feb 6th from 6-8 pm
March Communications, 226 Causeway Street, 4th Floor, Boston, MA 02114Register For Speed Pitch