Public relations used to be easy. Pick up the phone, call your favorite reporters, send out a few press releases, send some mailers with briefing documents, and enjoy the coverage that your clients got in newspapers, magazines, and maybe even a TV or radio show.
Then the Internet came along. Then social media changed the game. Now mobile devices have shattered everything predictable about public relations and the media landscape.
Against this backdrop, what do the PR professionals of today need to know in order to succeed? What skills are mandatory that aren’t taught in colleges’ and universities’ communications programs? What roles do measurement, analytics, and data play in the careers of PR pros to come?
An expert panel will answer all these questions and many more on May 20 at the Publicity Club of New England, sponsored by SHIFT Communications.
- Steve Quigley, Professor of Communications at Boston University
- CC Chapman, Adjunct Professor of Marketing at Bentley University
- Erica Seidel, Recruiting Expert and Founder of The Connective Good
- Liz Segran, Journalist at Fast Company Magazine
- Moderated by Amy Lyons, President at SHIFT Communications.
Date and Time:
Wednesday, May 20th from 6-8 p.m.
275 Washington Street
Newton, MA 02458