Category Public Relations
Location Boston (Downtown)
Contact Person Kimberly Fortner
Contact Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Website Address https://www.we-worldwide.com/culture-careers
Company WE Communications
Do you dream in acronyms like HIT, ACA, EHR, HIMSS, AHIMA and RSNA? Do you read STAT and NYT in one sitting? Would you like to be on the forefront of what’s next in heath technology? And would you like to help our clients tell their health tech stories?
Our team sits at the intersection of profound change in health. Big data, personalized care, digital medicine—it’s all a tidal wave of implications and opportunity. Even better, the new world of healthcare puts patients at the center.
WE provides a breadth of communications services to clients across sectors including consumer health and wellness, health IT, medical devices, pharmaceuticals and life sciences. We develop innovative programs that reach and influence physicians, advocates, patients, regulators, policy makers, payors and the consumers at the center of it all.
We are looking for an Account Director to join our team. The ideal candidate is an experienced communicator who thrives in an environment where passion, creativity and curiosity are valued. We are looking for someone who has excellent relationships with healthcare technology journalists, loves AP style and excellent grammar, understands social media channels and knows how to motivate junior staff for results. Candidates must have a passion for client service, staff development and networking with a keen interest to play a leadership role supporting the success of our growing health practice.
- Lead client engagements, serving as day-to-day account manager
- Demonstrate success in nurturing, growing and sustaining client relationships
- Implements communication programs and assessment of campaign success in accordance with client planning process
- Manages and tracks budgets ensuring programs are delivered on budget and within client’s expectations
- Ensure flawless execution of all program elements across multichannel programs that incorporate digital and social media communications
- Establish strong collaboration and communication across account teams
- Mentor and motivate staff with the goal of retention and development
- Oversee resource allocation across team
- Model and hold team accountable to demonstrating agency values
- Support new and organic growth opportunities
- Contribute to agency strategic planning initiatives
- Educate & oversee team on cross agency activity
- Bachelor’s degree required in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, English or related field
- At least 7 years of experience in PR – in an agency and/or corporate environment. 8-10 years preferred
- Minimum of 5 years direct experience in healthcare information technology whether agency-side or client-side
- Minimum of 3 years individual and team management experience, including experience developing a team
- Passion for doing great work and being part of a growing organization where creativity and collaboration are valued is a must
Join us! This could be the start of something great.