Thank you for Joining us for the 50th Annual Bell Ringers.
The Publicity Club of New England’s Bell Ringer Awards have been a symbol of outstanding achievement for New England public relations and communications professionals for half of a century. This year marks our 50th annual awards – and while the profession looks differently than it did years ago, the awards continue to celebrate and honor the teams and professionals who raise the standards of creativity and craftsmanship in our industry.
The Bell Ringer Awards, also known as “The Bells,” recognize excellence in communications work in nearly every field and industry, across all forms of media. View our categories page for a complete list of all award categories, including new categories added for 2018.
New for 2018
As the industry continues to evolve, so, too, do our awards. Please note the following changes and updates for the 2018 Bell Ringer submissions:
- All submissions should include ONE PPT slide that encapsulates and illustrates the entry. We strive to showcase more of the winning work this year, and this will help us do so in a uniform way. You will see a field for this PPT slide on the online submission form. Be creative!
- Your entry may be submitted in PPT or a Word document. Please keep your entry narrative to 4-8 pages in length, whether it’s broken up into its respective parts in the submission form or submitted as one Word document or PPT deck.
- There is now a budget threshold for the “On a Shoestring” category. If submitting for this category, your budget may not have exceeded $10K. If it did, you may enter it into a different, relevant category.
- There are several new categories, and we have retired or combined others.
- Like last year, we will incorporate videos into the awards presentation and request any relevant videos, images, and assets that you can share. Please upload these into your online submission form.
Distinguished work must have been completed between January 1, 2017 and March 15, 2018 to be considered.
Deadlines for entries are as follows. All deadlines are as of 6 p.m. ET on their respective dates.
Early bird deadline: Feb. 9, 2018
Regular deadline: Mar. 9, 2018
***Extended – Late deadline: Mar. 20, 2018 (subject to a $100 late fee/submission)