Bell Ringer late submission deadline has been extended to Friday, March 10 at 5 pm ET.
- Be concise; use short sentences and bullets whenever possible.
- For the “On a Shoestring” category, please include your budget in your submission. It will remain confidential and will not be published anywhere.
- Excessive typos and general sloppiness will result in point loss and may eliminate your entry from consideration.
- Formatting: each of the following four sections (Situation Analysis; Statement of Objectives; Program, Planning and Strategy; and Results Documentation) must be completed and submitted online in an 8 1/2″ x 11″ pdf document with:
- Margins no less than 1″
- Typeface no less than 10 point
- Times New Roman or Arial fonts (elaborate fonts that make reading difficult will result in point loss or possibly disqualification)
Important note: Entries that do not include narratives will immediately be disqualified without notice.
1. Situation Analysis
Describe the factors in the marketplace or organization that created the need for this project. Explain the problem(s) and opportunity/opportunities pertaining to this project. Avoid industry jargon, and explain the project in language the judges (who do not necessarily work in your industry) will understand.
2. Statement of Objectives
Provide a specific, detailed explanation of the objectives/goals that guided the development of the project.
3. Program Planning and Strategy
Discuss the techniques, methods and approaches you used to achieve the objectives stated above and solve the problem. Single-item entries should include enough explanation of strategic and tactical considerations so that the context from which the piece evolved is clear.
4. Results Documentation
Provide both quantitative and qualitative documentation of the success of the project, such as inquiries or sales generated, press clippings or positive feedback from management or client contacts that demonstrate the goals were achieved. The results documentation must contain factual information (not impressions) and should confirm achievement of the set goals. All supporting materials should be attached and should not be included in your entry narrative.
50 Word Summary:
A 50-word summary of your campaign entry is required as part of the online submission form. This will be used by presenters to describe winning submissions during the annual Bell Ringer Awards Ceremony. There is a space on the online entry form to enter your summary; you do not need to include it with your narrative.
The entry narrative will be the basis for scoring entries. Total maximum points for any entry is 100.
Point breakdown is as follows:
Situation Analysis: up to 20 pts
Statement of Objectives: up to 20 pts
Program Planning and Strategy: up to 20 pts
Results Documentation: up to 30 pts
Quality of Entry (i.e. following instructions, includes specific details, lack of errors, etc.): up to 10 pts
All winning entries will remain confidential until the night of the awards ceremony. Please note that judges are eligible to enter the competition but are not allowed to judge the categories that they, their companies or their clients have entered. All results are reviewed and audited.